Black & Decker DCM600B Review
Black & Decker DCM600B 5-Cup Coffeemaker has a compact design plus a handy cord storage which makes it a great choice for small spaced apartments, offices and condos. With its one touch operation together with its non-stick Keep Hot plate, you are sure to enjoy a hot coffee at any time without any hassles.
It also comes with a cord storage so you can keep your kitchen countertop less cluttered. The cord is long enough for flexibility in positioning it. Generally, it’s a good coffee maker at a cheaper price.
Accessories to expect in the box include:
Black & Decker DCM600B 5-Cup coffeemaker comes with a number of good features which make brewing an easy task in the morning.
- Its compact design makes it suitable for moving around.
- Comes with a one-piece cover.
- Has a 5 cup capacity making it suitable to prepare enough coffee brew at once.
- Offers an optimal temperature for brewing within a short time period.
- The carafe is dishwasher safe.
- Comes with a hot plate that helps keep your brew warm when you are not yet ready to drink it right away.
- The filter basket is removable, using a 1 to 4 cup basket style.
- A visible water level window so you can easily monitor water level.
- Has an excellent cord storage to avoid clutter on your kitchen countertop.
- Optimal heating elements to give you a better flavor extraction from the coffee.
If the quality of coffee is a not major concern despite being listed in this Black & Decker DCM600B review, then you are certainly going to love the ease of preparing brewing a hot coffee with this machine.
Preparing a hot coffee brew with this coffee maker is quite easy with the help of a simple procedure. Here’s a simple procedure to prepare a hot coffee.
- Open the one-piece cover.
- Pour into the water reservoir some fresh cold water to desired level but do not exceed the maximum limit mark
- Insert the filter basket into the filter basket holder.
- Add your freshly grounded coffee in desired amount. If not sure how much coffee to use, you may begin with a single teaspoon full for every cup brewed.
- Close the cover securely.
- Place the carafe on Keep Hot carafe plate.
- Enjoy your coffee when ready.
The Coffee Quality
Most reviews on Black & Decker DCM600B will tell you that the best way to know the quality of the coffee is to try an espresso brew from the maker before buying it. But that’s quite difficult to achieve with the online purchase of the coffee brewer.
The quality of the coffee is simply about average of the best coffee quality according to coffee connoisseurs. The taste is sour and every brew is different from another, that is, it lacks consistence. The quality is simply good for its price.
The Coffee Maker Quality
It’s a good performer, quick brewing of coffee and its heating elements provide an optimal temperature for brewing coffee.
This coffee maker is a good choice if you are simply looking for a cheap brewer. Otherwise the quality of coffee is not very excellent as with other brewers, but is worth the price anyways.
Ease of use
Black & Decker DCM600B is quite easy to use and doesn’t need any experience to set it up. This is backed by its simple instruction manual. Using this coffee maker is virtually straightforward and a beginner can also figure out how to prepare a hot cup of coffee.
The coffee maker is very handy and quick on a tightly scheduled morning.
The two year warranty sounds like a generous offer. The warranty is however limited on labour and parts. For instance, the warranty does not cover commercial use damage, damage from misuse or neglect. The glass parts and the included accessories are also not covered. You can find detailed warranty information in the instruction manual that comes with the unit.
Replacement parts available
Some of the replacement parts such as the filter are not expensive to obtain. As for others, such as the glass carafe, the replacement cost isn’t worth it as it’s almost close to the cost of a new whole machine. Most of the parts are basically made of plastic and this explains why it comes at a cheap price. Availability of the parts is however very convenient as you can find them readily in most stores online. Some of the parts you may have to consider replacing in future include:
- The 5 cup glass carafe
- Brew basket and filter
- Owners’ manual.
Black & Decker DCM600B coffeemaker is acceptable if you are looking for a cheap coffee maker. Its reasonable price comes at with a bit of compromise on the quality of coffee produced.
It is however a good brewer and convenient for use. The Keep Hot plate is a good feature to keep your coffee hot till you are set to have it. It’s a good choice for early morning schedules as you can prepare yourself for the day as the coffee gets brewed and find it still hot when you are done. If you don’t mind quality but are interested in convenience and price, Black & Decker DCM600B is the ultimate choice.